Arranging a Funeral
Things You Should Think About
After the death of a family member or close friend, it is important to know that you can depend on experienced, professional people to make all the arrangements to ensure the funeral flows smoothly.
It is important that you choose the funeral ceremony that is right for you and your family. Pellows Funeral Directors can guide you through the choices available, and will take care of all the details. Our caring team of professionals will liaise with clergy and celebrants, doctors, hospitals, government departments, coroners and other officials, crematoriums and cemetery authorities so you don’t have to worry.
Making the Right Choices
Pellows can explain the choices available:
- The different types of ceremony, religious or non religious
- The best location for the service: a church or chapel, at home, at the graveside or crematorium
- Who should officiate: a priest, minister, celebrant or family members
- Whether you want to view the deceased, and where the viewing should be
- Whether you want to have a burial or cremation
- Whether you want flowers or charitable donations
- The most appropriate funeral notice
- Casket selection
- The order of service, the choice of music and hymns
- Venue for a post-funeral get together and how to arrange it
- What other professional help is available.
Taking Care of Details
Once the choices are made, it is up to you how little or how much you want our professional and experienced staff to help with arrangements. We can take care of the following details:
- The registration of death
- Liaising with the appropriate authorities
- Arranging national or international transportation or repatriation within New Zealand or any other country
- Liaising with clergy or funeral celebrants, assisting with the service and organising funeral details
- The provision and preparation of the casket
- Embalming to ensure hygienic preservation and natural presentation
- Providing viewing facilities in comfortable premises
- Ordering family flowers for the casket
- Providing transport to and from the funeral
- Preparing and placing newspaper notices locally or internationally
- Arranging monumental masonry for the memorial stone
- Arranging the scattering or burial of ashes
For more help or advice please click here or phone Pellows Funeral directors on (07) 856 5129.